Your choice for more than 100 years
Greenwood Leflore Hospital is a publicly-owned healthcare organization. Originated in a converted mansion, the hospital was established in 1906 by the King’s Daughters’ Society with the help of the City of Greenwood and Leflore County. By 1952, Greenwood Leflore Hospital had moved into its third home which it continues to occupy at 1401 River Road.
Greenwood Leflore Hospital is a healthcare organization that is publicly-owned by the City of Greenwood and Leflore County. The hospital is licensed for 25 acute care beds, and is accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations.
GLH operates a Level 4 Trauma Center; clinic laboratories that are Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments certified; Mammography, CT and MRI services that are accredited by the American College of Radiology; and a Level 2 Stroke Center that has received the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines®-Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award.
Other designations GLH has achieved include a COVID-19 Center of Excellence by the Mississippi State Department of Health; and a Baby-Friendly facility by Baby-Friendly USA.
A regional hub of healthcare services for North Central Mississippi, GLH upgrades facilities and technology and recruits highly skilled medical professionals to provide advanced care with compassion. GLH offers a broad range of medical and surgical care capabilities across its network of clinics.