Jr. Volunteer Applications accepted now through Friday, May 3, 2013
The Greenwood Leflore Hospital Junior Volunteer Program gives high school students the opportunity to explore careers in health care firsthand, as well as provide service to the hospital and our patients.
March 8, 2013 is the date the Marketing and Communications Department will begin accepting applications for our 2013 Summer Program. Acceptance is very competitive only 15 applicants will be chosen. Applications will not be accepted after Friday, May 3, 2013.
The program provides high school students the opportunity to learn new skills, explore career possibilities, and make new friends. If you are interested in going into health care or helping others, you will enjoy being part of The Greenwood Leflore Hospital Junior Volunteer Program.
Junior Volunteers must complete a two part orientation. The first part will be held on Tuesday, May 27 and the second on Thursday, May 30. Jr. Volunteers will begin on Monday, June 3 and the program will be over on Friday, June 28.
Applying for the Junior Volunteer Program
Please read the following information carefully, if you have questions about our program, please contact Marketing and Communications at (662)451-5011.
- All applicants must be 14 years of age by June 1, 2013 and have completed the 8th grade to participate in the volunteer program. Complete the necessary documents. Your school guidance counselor should have copies of everything you need to get started as a Jr. Volunteer for the 2013 season. Forms should be mailed together and received by the GLH Marketing and Communications Department before the orientation date which is set for Tuesday, May 28, 2013, from 8:30am-12:00pm in conference room 1A.
- Documents to Complete and Submit:
- Jr. Volunteer Application- deadline to apply is Friday, May 3, 2013!
- Parent Consent Form- Gives permission to receive the TB Skin Test required of everyone working or volunteering at the hospital.
- Letter of Recommendation- This letter should be on letterhead from your school counselor or a teacher explaining why they think you would be an outstanding volunteer and asset to the hospital.
- Counselor Evaluation Form-Have your High School Counselor complete the Junior Volunteer Counselor Evaluation form and return to you in a signed sealed envelope.
- Once we receive your Application, Consent Form, Letter of Recommendation and Evaluation Form, the Marketing and Communications Department will send all responding applicants a reminder about orientation. Note: Your application packet containing your contact information must be received by Marketing and Communications in order for a reminder to be sent to you.
- New! All volunteers must go to the health department and get a Tdap Vaccination. You will be responsible for the cost which is $10.00. You must have verification that you had the shot at orientation. No exceptions.
- TB Skin Test will be given at orientation on Tuesday and read at orientation on Thursday.
We aim to make this program as meaningful as possible for Junior Volunteers, and encourage participants to let us know if they are interested in a particular assignment.
To apply, download an application here.2013 Jr. Volunteer Application